Low Level Peroxide Test Strips 0-100ppm – 100 pack (Blue Label)
Peroxide test strips are used to determine the remaining amount of hydrogen peroxide in a solution. They provide a quick and easy visual indicator of the levels of peroxide in any solution. To prevent exposure to sunlight and moisture and maintain their shelf life, they are kept in a container or vial made of plastic.
Instructions For Use
- Take a fresh test strip from the container, without touching the indicator pad, and hold directly into the solution sample you with to test for two seconds.
- Remove the test strip from the solution shaking off any excess in the process.
- Allow the test strip indicator at least 30 seconds to develop a reading.
- Compared the test strip indicator pad with the colour range provided on the storage vial. Comparison will reveal on indication of peroxide concentration in the tested solution.
- Always refer to any supplier provided instructions for your specific application to determine the peroxide level expected/required.
The instructions above will cover most use cases where a residual peroxide level needs to be detected in a solution, however test strips can also be very useful in other applications.
Example Applications for Peroxide Test Strips
- Measuring remaining levels of EndoSan Stabilised Hydrogen Peroxide after water disinfection.
- Monitoring the levels of hydrogen peroxide in water treatment systems.
- Assessing the freshness or effectiveness of hydrogen peroxide-based disinfectants if stored for long periods.
- Testing the stability of hydrogen peroxide solutions over time.
- Monitoring the levels of hydrogen peroxide in swimming pools or hot tubs.
- Assessing the concentration of hydrogen peroxide in industrial cooling tower water.
- Checking hydrogen peroxide levels in wastewater treatment systems.
- Verifying hydrogen peroxide levels in industrial or laboratory processes.
- Testing the concentration of hydrogen peroxide used in pharmaceutical manufacturing.
- Testing the efficacy of hydrogen peroxide-based cleaning solutions.
- Assessing hydrogen peroxide levels in agricultural or horticultural applications.
- Monitoring the concentration of hydrogen peroxide used in paper or textile bleaching processes.
- Assessing the levels of hydrogen peroxide in food processing or preservation applications.
- Checking hydrogen peroxide levels in aquaculture or fish farming systems.
- Testing the concentration of hydrogen peroxide used in PCB (printed circuit board) production.
- Monitoring hydrogen peroxide levels in textile or fabric dyeing applications.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do peroxide test strips work?
A: When hydrogen peroxide comes into contact with the organic redox indicator pad on the test strip, it reacts with peroxidase (POD) to form an oxidation compound that is blue coloured. The intensity of the blue colour on the indicator pad changes based on the concentration of peroxide present and can be compared to a provided colour chart to determine the result.
Q: How should test strips be stored?
A: To maximise the lifespan of test strips, it is important to protect them from sunlight and moisture. Unopened or opened containers should be kept in a cool, dark, and dry place. When using the test strips, only take out the number needed and close the container immediately. Make sure to use all test strips before their expiration date, which is indicated on the container. Used test strips can be disposed of as regular waste.
Q: Can these test strips be used for other substances?
A: No, these test strips are specifically designed for testing hydrogen peroxide or stabilised hydrogen peroxide levels and should not be used to test other substances or chemicals.
Q: Are these test strips accurate?
A: Yes, these test strips are designed to provide accurate readings of hydrogen peroxide concentrations up to 100ppm. When used correctly and according to the instructions, they offer reliable results.
Q: How long do the test strips last?
A: The shelf life of the test strips can vary. Please refer to the product packaging or instructions for the specific expiration date. It is recommended to use the test strips before the indicated expiration date for optimal accuracy.
Q: Are these test strips reusable?
A: No, these test strips are for one-time use only. Each strip is meant to be used for a single test, and it is recommended to discard the strip after use.
Q: How accurate are the color comparisons on the test strip chart?
A: The color chart provided with the test strips has been carefully calibrated to offer accurate readings. However, individual variations in color perception may exist. It is recommended to compare the strip against the chart under consistent lighting conditions to ensure accurate interpretation.